If you are a residential homeowner or a growing business, and have been considering solar, you will find out everything you need to know about the most suitable Solar PV solution for your home and business, and also how you can finance it – through Nedbank.
Join us on 10 November to learn about:
- South Africa’s energy landscape with reference to renewable energy, current status and future prospects
- Grid-tied, off-grid, battery backup… we will look at the most suitable solar solution for your residential home or growing business.
- Financing for your solar solution? Nedbank has launched its financing options for solar PV solutions and the good news is that you don’t need to be a Nedbank customer to qualify.
- If you are a growing business and have solar PV installed, and tenants renting from you… billing is usually a challenge and time consuming. Come and learn how a modern accounting system can integrate with your solar system.
- After running a fleet of electric vehicles (EVs) for three years, AWPower will share the benefits and negatives with you, and how you can reduce your EV running costs by charging from solar generated electricity. We will also share how the types and speed of charging will have a significant effect on the life of your EV batteries.
- Date: Thursday, 10 November 2022
- Time: 09:30 – 12:00
- Venue: Auditorium 1, Nedbank Clocktower, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town
Registration & coffee/tea
Henri Hattingh, AWPower
|09:50||South Africa’s energy landscape with reference to renewable energy, current status and future prospects |
Energy Expert – Prof Sampson Mamphweli, Director for the Centre for Renewable & Sustainable Energy Studies – University of Stellenbosch
• South Africa’s current electricity landscape
• Major drivers of the renewable energy market
• Potential opportunities in the renewable energy market
|10:20||Residential and Commercial Solar Trends (Christiaan Hattingh) |
Christiaan Hattingh, Managing Director, AWPower
• Christiaan will look at the residential and commercial solar options and discuss export/selling of excess solar.
|10:40||How the cloud allows integration between power- and accounting systems |
Jeff Ryan, Managing Director, AWCape – a Sage Business Partner
• Jeff will look and discuss how a modern account solution can integrate with a solar PV system and solving a billing challenge.
|11:00||Solar Energy Financing options |
Mark Boshoff, Head of Transformation and Sustainability in Nedbank Commercial Banking
• Mark will discuss the different loan types for Commercial and Residential – available through Nedbank.
|11:25||Charging EVs from solar – 3-year cost |
Tyron van Niekerk – AWPower
• Analysing group’s costs over a 3-year period
• Limited use of grid supply
• Future trends – commercial EVs
|11:40||Panel discussion, questions from the audience|
About the presenters
|Prof Sampson Mamphweli |
Director for the Centre for Renewable & Sustainable Energy Studies – University of Stellenbosch
Prof. Sampson Mamphweli holds a Masters degree from the University of Venda and a PhD from the University of Fort Hare. Prof Mamphweli joined Stellenbosch University in July 2017 as Director for the Centre for Renewable and Sustainable Energy Studies, a position he has held until present day. He became a full Professor in Process Engineering, and delivered his Inaugural Address on the 26th April 2018. Prof Mamphweli is a member of the South African Institute of Physics. In addition, he is a member of a number of committees that deal with renewable energy issues at national government level.
|Christiaan Hattingh |
Managing Director, AWPower
Christiaan is the Managing Director of AWPower. He obtained his BEng in Mechanical Engineering from Stellenbosch University and completed the Advanced PV Design course at the Centre for Renewable & Sustainable Energy Studies at the University of Stellenbosch. Prior to joining AWPower, he was a cloud computing specialist at AWCape. Connect with him on LinkedIn
|Jeff Ryan |
Managing Director, AWCape – a Sage Business Partner
Jeff is the Managing Director for AWCape. With over 20 years of experience, Jeff has extensive strategy and technology consulting, project management and business development experience in multiple industries. In addition, having held several senior positions in different organisations has given Jeff a deep understanding of business drivers and needs. Connect with him on LinkedIn
|Mark Boshoff |
Head of Transformation and Sustainability at Nedbank Commercial Banking
As a Chartered Accountant he has a 25-year track record in Nedbank. Blessed with insatiable curiosity and an innovative flair, he held a variety of roles in the bank ranging from financial management, strategy and innovation, product management and development, as well as risk and compliance. Connect with him on LinkedIn
|Tyron van Niekerk |
Design Engineer, AWPower
Tyron is a member of AWPower’s design team. He obtained his Bachelor of Engineering, Civil Engineering 2017 – 2020 and thereafter completed his MEng (Structured) in Renewable Energy during 2021, both at the Stellenbosch University. He is actively putting his engineering skills into action through developing alternative energy solutions for AWPower clients. Connect with him on LinkedIn